Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Travel

It’s been so long since I last posted, that I’m pretty sure nobody will even read this. Some people seem to post more when they get depressed. As though it is therapeutic for them or something. I am not one of these people however. When I’m bummed out, I don’t post at all.



Recently, I’ve been homesick like crazy as I mentioned in my last post. Well, I went home. I cashed in the bulk of my airmiles and I went to visit my parents for a week. It worked out perfect, I was showing up on the 10th, and I found out my sister Michelle was thinking of going up on the 9th. Once she found out I would be there, that solidified her decision to go. Neither of us told our parents we where coming, but our sisters Lori and Kristina where in on it.



Kristina was at my parents waiting, when the rest of us showed up, and we where all standing in the yard, and my sister Lori yelled for my parents to come see what happened to her car. The looks on my parents faces when they notices their missing two children (ok not missing, but from far far away) and nephews. My moms jaw dropped open so far I thought she was going to dislocate something and my dad had this goofy grin on his face and they both teared up a bit.



It was an awesome vacation, mostly we all just hung out. I played about a million games of Yatzee with my parents and Kristina after everyone else went home.



The worst part of the trip was having to come home. And I don’t just mean the way most people don’t want to leave vacation. I was loath to come home, I didn’t want to come back to this town, I didn’t want to come back to this job. I am so miserable here, all I wanted to do was stay where my family is.

No comments: