Saturday, November 4, 2006

180

Well, today was an odd day to say the least. It started out just fine, work was good I was only one customer shy of my daily goal.



I knew things where about to do a 180 when I stopped quickly by my parents, and my dad says to me “You're going to need a hug” and gives me a hug. As much as I love hugs, no conversation that starts that way is going anyplace good! Turns out, that we've been evicted again. Pretty sweet huh? Considering the fact that I can hardly afford food only paying $200 a month for rent and utilities, this should be interesting. I get the impression from my sister, that we are moving even if we are once again unevicted. She's had enough of this crap.



Next I talked to Kyle on the telephone. I made a suggestion, and he agreed that it was a good idea. So, we are postponing the wedding. Last time he moved out to BC things went very wrong, so we've agreed that maybe it is best to work on keeping things running smoothly next time he comes to BC without the added pressure of saving the money to get married etc. So much has changed since we got engaged, that it is best to make sure things will work before getting married, as opposed to getting married and then finding out if things will work.



Lastly, I inadvertently insulted someone who I actually like a lot! I was picking on her in regards to a certain subject, and as it turns out, it's a sensitive subject. She's putting on a brave face, and making the best of a less than perfect situation, and she is doing so well, that I didn't even realize it was a soft spot. Once I realized I had offended her, I was quick to apologize, and I truly do feel bad for it. She's a great girl, and I really like her, the last thing I ever wanted was to hurt her feelings or insult her.



It's pretty sad really, when work is your escape. You're time and place to be able to laugh and not worry about all the bad things going on in your life. That is what my work is right now. I can just laugh and joke around with my coworkers and for a few hours not stress out about all the crap in my life that seems to be falling down around my feet. Some days I just don't feel strong enough to pick up all the pieces. I will though, I always do.

No comments: