Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Marjor Life Change

As of two days ago, Kyle and I are no longer a couple.



We had a really long talk the other night, and decided mutually that we're probably better off as friends. At some point, I think we already became that, but neither of us really noticed. Neither of us was unhappy, but we weren't ecstatically happy either. We ran out of small talk. If it wasn't a major issue, we had very little to say to one another. We also have very different interests. In fact, about the only common interest we have is movies and reading. I want a “typical” life. I want to get married and have a couple kids and get up every morning to go to a job. Kyle loathes the concept. He doesn't want kids, he doesn't want a “normal” job, he wants to go and try strange things in strange place. He wants to live in a huge city, I want to live in a small town. He wants to live in Manitoba, I can't leave B.C.



I know we made the right choice, but it still makes me sad sometimes. I'm really glad that it was mutual though, and that there is no animosity on either of our parts. He is still planning to come out and visit me, and we've talked since breaking up and it isn't awkward at all.



I don't view the past 2 years as a waste, or our relationship as a failure, I simply view it as having changed. We have both changed as people the past few months. Neither of us is the person the other fell in love with, and neither of us is the person the other lived with. The people we where when we met where in love and everything was great. The people we became when we lived together, had resentments and fought all the time. The people we are now, have new lives and are better suited as friends.

No comments: