Thursday, June 9, 2005

Trapped

After 11 months of living with Adrienne, I got used to a few things about her. One of these things is, that once she goes to bed she stays there. She doesn’t get up in the middle of the night. Ever. Now me, I can’t sleep in Pajama’s, I wake up with them wrapped around me like a boa constrictor. Since Adrienne never gets up in the middle of the night though, I was safe making a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night without bothering to get dressed.



A few days after Ian moved in, I woke up around 4am and had to pee. So true to habit, I just got up and went into the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom, I thought I heard something. So before I opened the door, I turned off the light. Slowly I cracked the door open, and sure enough, there was moonlight in the hall, meaning Ian’s door was open. This, of course, was one of the days there where no towels in the bathroom. Quickly I closed the door, panicking a little, wondering what I was going to do. I waited a bit and cracked the door again, hoping he’d maybe closed his door. I had no clue where HE was though. For all I knew, he was waiting at his door for me to come out of the bathroom.



I had almost worked up the nerve to open the door and just say “Dude, I’m naked in here, close your door and let me get to my room” when I heard him coming up the stairs. I closed the door again, and waited until I head him plop down on his bed. Then I made a mad dash back to my room.



After that, now if I need to pee in the middle of the night, I either put on a nighty or a robe!!!

No comments: